Today I am reading from Chapters 7 -11 in Isaiah. As we continue this study, we read God is sending the house of David a sign. As I think about this sign, I wonder if God’s people really got the message. Did it resonate with them? Did they know it was going to have an impact so astounding it would literally shake up the entire world for years and years to come?
We read: Isaiah 7:14
“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
In Isaiah 9:6-7
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
What are your favorite ways of addressing our Father God?
By searching the bible, you are able to get a really good idea of who God is and his promises.
- I AM THAT I AM – in Exodus 3:14 we read: God telling the Israelites, I AM has sent me to you. We know God is eternally present. He was, he is and he will always be. I don’t know about you but this gives me so much joy and peace.
- I am the Alpha and Omega – in Revelation 1:7-9
- Lamb of God – John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God takes away the sin of the world.
- Abba – Romans 8:15
- Almighty – Genesis 7:1 I am the Almighty God, walk before me
- Bread of Life – John 6:35
- Captain – Hebrews 2:10 captain of their salvation
- Comforter – John 14:26 he shall teach you all things
- Light of the World – John 8:12 he that follows me shall not walk in darkness
- Living God – Daniel 6:20
- Love – 1 John 4:8 for God is love.
- Merciful – Jeremiah 3:12 for I am merciful and not keep anger forever.
- Messiah – John 4:25 which is called Christ will come
- Saviour – Like 2:11
- Truth – John 14:6
- Rabboni – John 20:16
- Word – John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- Word of God – Revelation 19:13 and his name is called The Word of God.
- To know he will always be there
- To know he is love
- To know he is powerful
- To know he is our teacher
- To know he is truth
- To know he is our Messiah
- To know he is our Saviour
In a world of uncertainty to know and trust our heavenly Father should give you peace, joy and comfort.
Do you know him? If not, don’t you think it’s time to reach out?