17 NT Books in 17 weeks – Week Four
This week we studied the book of 1 Thessalonians and here are the nuggets I pulled out of the study.
- God commands us to love one another.
- Remember without ceasing
- your work of faith
- labour of love
- patience of hope
After reading, I understand the Thessalonians turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.
I am asking myself what idols am I serving instead of God?
- We are to walk worthy of God
- who has called you unto his kingdom and glory
- We are to thank God without ceasing
- We are reminded the word of God is not from men but from truth
- We are reminded of Satan who constantly hinders us and is the tempter.
Paul asks the Thessalonians what is lacking in your faith?
How am I walking to please God? Am I gaining more and more in my walk?
- Man who despiseth us, despise us and the Holy Spirit
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
- Comfort each other, edify each other, comfort the feebleminded, support the week, warn the unruly, be patient toward all.
- Hold fast to that which is good.
Do I have boldness in the face of persecutors?
As I continue to search the living word of God, I find joy and a blessing in knowing God remains faithful and keeps his promises. Just as the Thessalonians, we today live in a time of trials and tribulations and can be assured God is standing firm with us always.