My Church Notes: April 3, 2016
Are you a false Christian? Are you 100% sure you will go to heaven, when you time is up here on earth?
1 Peter 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on his behalf.
Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
- In order to be part of God’s family, you have to be born into his family
1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
- A Christian’s life will reflect Jesus Christ
- Do we bear the characteristics of Christ?
It is evident we should humble ourselves as Christ did on the cross.
Philippians 2:5-8 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humble himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
- What do we practice?
- What do others see when first meeting us or have know us for a very long time?
- What do others hear when we speak?
- Do we pray?
- A Christian will follow the cross no matter what.
- where do we find the direction – God’s word – it’s the living word of God which will never fail us when man does.
What is a Christian?
- One who has the Character of Christ
- One who is Committed to Christ
- One who is Commissioned to share Christ
May you continue to search the word of the living God and not lean unto your own understanding.