Where did a year go (next month), since, I have taken the time to pour out my heart on my blog. I know with my new job at the university, my experiences of life certainly moves by like a twinkle of a star. I know my mom told me, “when you get my age, time will seem to fly right by”. Well, I guess I finally made it because that’s what is happening.
I decided I will attempt to blog on my church notes- why- because I attend a bible believing, preaching and teaching church. My advice to anyone who wants to understand and grow deeper with the Lord.
- Read your bible daily – this will provide you with peace and an understanding which only you will know because God reveals himself to you through his word. Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
- Find a church which preaches the word of God from a King James Bible and not the NKJB. It seems like everyone wants to make the bible better or easier to understand but Jesus answers this in John 18:66 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Many people want their world to fit into the bible to make it right and hence so many versions of the bible. Do yourself a huge favor – just stick with the King James Bible and know this has outlasted all to be the truest to God’s word when it was translated into English.
June 4, 2017 – taken from John Chapter 1
*Life – verse 4 – in him was life. Where do we get life from?
- In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:4
We get life from Jesus. Read Deuteronomy 30: 19-20
- I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: **
That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
**God never intended for abortions. Jesus is Pro-life.
Life is the light of men. Jesus provides light to anyone who wants it.
- Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12
Who is – “I Am” – Jesus
- And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you. Exodus 3:14
Light – how am I able to have light?
- Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God. Isaiah 50:10
How am I able to know Jesus is a living?
- As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. John 9:5
The world is darkness – the world represents our lusts, sins, pride and unloving selves, all of which is darkness. A husband cheats on his wife – lust. A child hides taking a candy bar from the store and lies to his parents – sins. My boat is the best of the year and can easily out move your paddle boat – pride. My boss asked me to take on the work load of my co-worker when she will be out for the next 12 weeks, why would I possibly want to do that even if I could- unloving. And the darkness goes on and on…. only Jesus can provide the light we need to enjoy an abundance amount of peace and joy.
Why do men/women love darkness?
Let’s read – John 3:19-21
- And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
and – John 12:43-47
- For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Where are you at in your faith journey with Christ? Are you in darkness or in light?
May you continue to not lean unto your own understanding but search the word of our living God.